Saturday, October 9, 2010

MMmmmmm, Cheesecake


It was really, really good!
At least my office thought so.
Yes I am a push over, one for his office and one for mine.
People kept asking me about a birthday they missed. Can't someone just bake for the fun of it? If you never practice then you will never know!
There is a secret to perfect office baking, secure your hair! I have never known anyone to find a 2 foot long blonde hair, or cat hair but would I if they did? I remember eating a good "made with loving hands at home" and finding a hair in it and it has made me hugely paranoid.
As for sewing, I didn't get any done today for the garden and running errands. Tomorrow I am blowing most of my day in a drunken haze cheering my fool head off at the Texans game.
So, I really wanted to just show off the cheesecake and beg for a good pumpkin cheesecake recipe.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, Your cheesecakes are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hair in food? Yikes! Never a winner. That's never happened for me, but watch it happen now, hahahah!!

    OK, here's my pumpkin cheesecake recipe (I have another one for a swirled pumpkin cheesecake & it looks divine, but it calls for chocolate and I'm just not much of a chocolate fan):

    1 1/2 Cups graham cracker crumbs
    1/3 cup butter
    1 1/4 cup white sugar
    3 8 ounce pkgs of cream cheese
    1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    2 large eggs
    1 15 ounce can of Libby's Pure Pumpkin
    2/3 cup (or a 5 ounce can) of Evaporated Milk
    2 tbsp cornstarch
    1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
    16 ounces sour cream
    1/3 cup white sugar
    1 tsp vanilla extract

    Preheat oven to 350

    Melt butter and combine with graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar. Press to bottom of a 9" springform pan & bake for 6-8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Set aside

    Beat cream cheese, 1 cup white sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs, evaporated milk, and pumpkin. Add cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat well. Pour onto crust

    Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly

    For topping, combine sour cream, remaining 1/3 cup white sugar, and vanilla; mix well. Spread over surface of warm cheesecake & bake 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Refridgerate for several hours or overnight. Remove from springform pan and devour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, sounds yummy. I have seen recipes with evaporated mik and it sounds good. I am glad that your recipes show to add spices to the Libbby's filling, I wlways have to enhance their filling.
    I will give it a try some weekend closer to the holidays (they are coming up quickly).

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List