Sunday, June 20, 2010

Marfy 1659 progress!


I am really starting to like this!

I fixed the collar, raised the waist and set the sleeves.

I raised the waist by and inch, which means that I only lowered it by 1" instead of 2. I think that is looks more in proportion with the new waist.

I also straightened out the collar by shortening it on the side that was about 3/8" too long (how did I do that?!).

I am still not sure about the gold in the skirt, dh just thinks that it looks strange.

hhmmmm...

The sleeves are supposed to have gathers and thick bands, I am not sure if the will be long enough, or how it will look.

I also need to make the facing for the front and post pictures of how I am finishing that wonderful neckline.

I will post pictures as I progress...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is coming along beautifully and the collar is very flattering on you. The changes to the waistline height made a big difference to the proportion. Really looking forward to hearing how you finish the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another WOW, this is looking fabulous, not sure about the skirt, but that's completely a matter of personal taste. Absolutely love the neckline.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List